Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Sergio Fiorentino – Chopin Nocturnes Vol 2

As promised, volume 2. And the good news is that my source for this one is a CD release from the early 1990s, so I have been able to upload the music as FLAC with a cue sheet.

Fiorentino's playing was one of the formative influences on my childhood. And I was delighted at the stream of recordings he made during his final years. What a pity that his early recordings were made under such poor circumstances – sometimes recording music he had barely had a chance to practice! Still, there is no hint of unease in these Nocturnes, which emerge with a sureness of vision to rival the legendary account of Moravec.

But see what you think!

Download from Rapidshare

4 comments:

  1. Hi Ronan,

    I can't convey how grateful I am for your kindness in sharing Fiorentino's account of the Nocturnes. As I expected, his uniquue artistry radiates throughout each nocturne. I have heard almost every "great" account of the nocturnes but for me it is Fiorentino, whose expressive Bel Canto and remarkable sensitivity elevate these masterpieces to the zenith of romantic piano music. As I said commenting on Vol.1, I am eternally in your debt.
    Best regards,
    Gerard

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not kindness – it's evangelism! Glad that you (and to judge from downloads) others are able to enjoy these recordings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful, thank you!

    Would it be possible to include a tracklist? There's no way to know what's on which track.

    Very much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Open the Cue file in Notepad and you will find them listed

    ReplyDelete