Thursday, October 22, 2009

Arcadi Volodos : Schwetzingen Festival 2009


 
I'm aware that I've posted Uchida yesterday, and I don't want you to get the idea that I can spend my time uploading music.

Scriabin : Prelude Op 37 No 1 
Scriabin : Prelude Op 11 No 16 
Scriabin : Piano Sonata No 7 op 64 'White Mass' 
Mompou : Paisajes : 3 piano pieces 
Ravel : Valses Nobles et Sentimentales 
Liszt : Apres une lecture de Dante, Fantasia quasi sonata 
Bach : Largo from concerto BWV 595 after Vivaldi Op 3 No 11 
Tchaikovsky (arr Volodos) : Berceuse Op 16 (encore) 
Scriabin : Album leaf (encore) 
Schumann : Der Vogel als Prophet (encore)

France Musique, internet, 22 Oct 2009 mp3 128kbs

Very well recorded - and an antidote to the image of Volodos as a sort of barnstormer. 

Download from Rapidshare

5 comments:

  1. Hi,

    Thank you very much for your update.

    I'm a great fan of Volodos' art. He's one of the greatest performer of Rachmaninov and Scriabin. No one else can sing on the piano like him. His transcriptions are also great. He achieved something absolutely unique: he put together harmonical style of Rachmaninov and Scriabin. His transcription of Tchaikovsky's Berceuse op 16 is such an example. It's a absolute masterpiece.

    Adam

    ReplyDelete
  2. is there a video version of this?

    -Mikhail Kaykov

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not that I know of. Close your eyes and imagine…

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes there is. On "Volodos in Viena" you have pretty much the same programme as here. Go and buy the DVD.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the info. I actually hate watching music videos – it interferes with my habit of staring into space while listening! But good to know that Michail can enjoy...

    ReplyDelete